Content

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

YOU & the COLONIES

 Angelic coos and ahs echoed throughout the room. But, it was her style that caught my eye.
Huddled against the cold night, my eyes followed her stride into the room and stalked her as she dug her hands into her pockets.
High waisted jodhpurs have never been on my style radar, not even when Balenciaga graced models in the pants for Fall 20007, but somehow as she casually shook her chestnut bangs from her eyes she made them look right…desirable. Paired with a sheer black tank the look tiered away from riding in the country to a night out in the city and definitely more practical than the miniskirts I don in 10 degree weather. And also, appropriate for being the girl who I watched around the room to the lead vocalist of a band…
 You & the Colonies is an Australian based folk band. Rising in unison, their voices sang with the melodies of two guitars and a cello, but it was the soft soprano coos of Cynthia Sear that stood out to me. Her voice blended then rose to the high ceiling filling the room with echoes of sheer beauty. It was a charming performance for a Monday night and one that I would definitely recommend to those who also have a fondness for folk music. And, now I’m off to try to wiggle into a pair of jodhpurs myself…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something